Expert Copywriting for EdTech
You are passionate about technology and education!
Fantastic! So am I!
If you found your way here, we share the same belief that tech is the key to great education – whether by connecting students with teachers around the globe, allowing people to learn a language while they commute, or enabling universities to truly embrace 21st century instruction and research.
You know about the power of tech to transform education. I know it, too. The problem? Your audience still thinks EdTech means boring sequences of videos and websites that they need to study all by themselves. Maybe your university lecturers and administrators see EdTech as a fad that will pass if they only keep their head down. Maybe you have a fantastic new platform or app, but it drowns in a market that is flooded with EdTech offers.
Luckily, you have found me: your EdTech copywriter.
Why an EdTech copywriter? Simple:
- personalized call to actions are over 200% more effective than generic ones
- most readers will only skim your texts to look for keywords
- almost 60% of clients are scared away by bad grammar and spelling
- longer texts on your website can increase your sales by more than 50%.
You don’t have time to worry about conversion rates, SEO, tricky grammar questions, the perfect call to action, or to draw your customers in with long-form blog posts.
When you collaborate with me, you will get:
- EdTech Copywriting on topics that is cutting-edge and innovative
- Content Strategy to build your community
- Search Engine Optimization so your audience will find you easily
- Ideas for new content based on your needs
- Photography that is royalty free
- Formatting so you don’t miss out on readers who skim
- Two rounds of edits so you love your texts as much as I do.
Services and Rates
Blogs, Articles, Website Copy
Build trust and create a loyal client base. Unlike ads, blogs and website copy work over a longer period so you can build a sustainable audience. All my copy has a clear call to action to engage your target group and is SEO optimized.
Rates start at $250 per 1000 words.
Tell your audience to act now (sign up for a free trial or an email
list, buy a product, etc.) with persuasive, well-researched and SEO optimized landing
Rates start at $500 per 1000 words.
Sequences build trust with your audiences and call them to action.
Rates start at $100 per email.
Show your audience what you have to offer. Good descriptions can make or break a sale.
Rates start at $50 per description.
Social Media Ads
Ads are a great way to reach out to your audience. My ad bundles will always feature multiple variations to maximize the algorithm.
Rates start at $50 per ad.
White Papers, Ebooks, Brochures, etc.
Inform your audience with in-depth research. Publications allow you shine a spotlight on your work and to inform and engage.
Rates start at 6 cents per word.
Ask me about my bundle packages and monthly retainers.
I work in English and German so if you need a text in both languages, I am happy to take care of the translation. My translation rate starts at 6 cents per word. Prices are in USD. If you are outside the US, I will gladly quote the equivalent prices to you in your currency.
Ready? Fantastic! Let’s work together.
Does the world need to know about your amazing product? Do you offer a life-changing service? Are you the best in your field but for some reason that doesn’t translate into more sales or sign-ups?
That’s where I come in.
I’m Christin. I’m an EdTech copywriter, editor, occasional translator, and project manager with more than a decade experience in the higher education and EdTech sector.
Whether you’re looking for a think piece on OER in higher education, a how-to on tech in the classroom, a deep-dive into blockchain, or a white paper on AI and education, I’m the right fit for you. I’ve been a researcher, university administrator, grant writer, lecturer, and I have worked in an EdTech start-up. I will use my expertise to connect with your clients and draft the perfect copy for you.
After living in Toronto, Berlin, and Tokyo, I am currently based in Nanjing, China. If I’m not writing, you can usually find me on the hunt for good Dumplings.
Why work with me?
- I have a background in research (and a PhD from the University of Toronto). All my pieces are rigorously researched and fact-checked. Before I write for you, I will research your audience and make sure that we speak to your ideal clients.
- I have worked as an educator for more than a decade. I know how to break down complex information and how to keep my audience engaged.
- As a former grant writer, I have made my clients millions with my writing. I know the power words can have and I know how to use it.
- I am an expert in SEO. All my writing is search engine optimized so that your target audience finds you and your amazing product.
Still curious? Find more information about me in my FAQs. Be sure to check out the other questions as well.
Ready to see how we can work together?
Book your free consultation now. In 20 minutes we will go over
- your goals and pathway so far – together we will find out what your next steps should be.
- your audience – I will help you find your ideal clients.
- SEO – Let’s make sure people know about you.
- the services I offer – you can find my rates and service here. I will use our call to tailor them to you.
Good copywriting induces people to act, to buy a product, sign up for a email list, apply to a university, or engage with a service. Copywriting is different from content writing in that it does not only provide information but has a clear call to action.
You might have the best product or service in the world. If people don’t know you or believe in you, the quality of your work will not make a difference. That’s where good copy comes in.
A good copywriter will know who your audience is, what they want and need (or think they want), and how to engage them. Copywriting is more than words on a page, it’s research, storytelling, and sales in one.
Good copy will save you time and money in the long run.
You hired the best people in your field to make your product or service amazing. Don’t underestimate the last step in getting the word out there. In copywriting (like in everything else in life) you get what you pay for.
If you work with me, you will profit from my decade long experience. I have been an educator, working with university and high school students for years. I know how to break down complex information and how to engage people (even if they think they don’t care).
If you hire me as an EdTech copywriter, you will get someone who not only worked as an educator herself, but also within a university and an EdTech start-up. I am familiar with the needs of educators and students, and I know the amazing potential (and pitfalls) of EdTech.
Lastly, I have been writing and engaging with texts all my life. I have an MA in European Literatures and my very first job after graduating was as a copywriter. As a grant writer, I have fundraised millions. I know how to use the power of language effectively.
I will write your copy, will do research on your target audience, product, and competitors. My offers include two rounds of edits.
I will also do SEO research and write SEO optimized copy for you.
If needed, I am happy to translate your content into German.
I believe in transparency and in saving both of us time so I put my rates on the website. Take a look at my services and rates section to find out what I can offer to you.
No serious copywriter will promise you a specific amount or that their SEO will bring you to the top page of Google.
However, if you hire me, you can be sure that I do two things: I research your SEO needs thoroughly. I will not spam my text with useless key words. Instead, I will use well-researched, relevant keywords that drive your ranking up.
In my years as grant writer, I have fundraised millions for my clients. I know the power of words and how to use them. A former colleague of mine once said I can “talk the hind leg off a donkey” and while I certainly know how to make a sale, I will ensure that my copy helps you grow your business organically and ethically.
Being a former project manager, I usually plan my assignments in advance. However, if I can, I leave time for these urgent last-minute requests. Just ask and I will see what I can do.
An express fee will apply.
We will usually have a free discovery call where I find out more about you and your needs so that I can devise a strategy for you. After that I will send you a proposal of my services which we can discuss and adapt. We will sign a contract that stipulates deadlines and payment, so we are always on the same side.
It depends on the project, but it typically takes me a week to send you a first draft. My offer includes two rounds of edits. Full payment is due when I deliver the first draft.
Ready to see what we can achieve together? Email me to book your free discovery call.
In 20 minutes we will go over:
- Your goals and pathway so far – Together we will find out what your next steps should be.
- Your audience – I will help you find your ideal clients.
- SEO – Let’s make sure people know about you.
- Inbound marketing content – I pitch potential blog posts, articles, email sequences.
- How I can save you time – you have a lot on your plate. We will develop a plan; I will make it happen.